COURSE OBJECTIVES, DESCRIPTION AND CONTENT
Some of the topics / themes to be covered are:
- Evidence for change & the ethics of sustainability
- Principles of Permaculture
- Observation & landscape analysis
- Ecological planning & design methods
- Organic food production and food security
- Climatic factors in design
- Soils: natural soil improvement
- Integrated animal systems
- Water : harvesting, conservation, and management
- Agroforestry & forest gardening
- Appropriate technologies & renewable energy systems
- Mapping & design exercises
- Techniques and design strategies for both urban & rural applications
- Ecovillages & sustainable human settlements
WHERE CAN I GO AFTER THIS COURSE?
- Embark on new farming practices
- Start a permaculture diploma program
- Find ways of dramatically reducing energy consumption
- Begin land-based ventures & small businesses such as: nurseries, landscape design consultancies, etc.
- Realise goals towards self-sufficiency
City dwellers have found that even with little or no land, Permaculture shows them how to work with their home to produce food, reduce energy needs, live more ecologically and in closer connection with their communities. Educators, farm advisers, international development workers, garden directors, builders, master gardeners, and landscape architects have all reported that what they’ve learned in this course has become a foundation for their work. Farmers, nursery owners, foresters and livestock farmers have all found that Permaculture design has multiplied their incomes, reduced their work, and improved the health of their stock.
Details of your stay…
Association “Les Coccinelles” based in the Swiss Jura since 2011 organises international Permaculture courses of all kind and on authentic vocation.
Masesselin (Soubey) is a charming biodynamic farm situated next to the river Doubs in one of the wildest and most beautiful cantons of Switzerland, the Jura. Accommodation will be simple, either in your own tents or on straw beds, we will sleep and live close to nature and the starry sky. Food will be organic, healthy, vegetarian, seasonal and as much as possible, local.
Here you can see some pictures from the venue: www.masesselin.ch
Begins: Dinner on the night of the 6th of July
Ends: Certificate ceremony on the night of 19th, followed by optional dinner, party and “No Talent Show”. There will be an optional breakfast available the next morning.
The full price for the course is between 1150 CHF (980 €) – 1500 CHF (1275 €)
Early bird (register & pay by 25 April): 1150 CHF (980 €)
Standard (register & pay by 25 May): 1300 CHF (1105 €)
Late (after 25 May): 1500 CHF (1275 €).
Your fees include:
• A life-changing learning experience
• A PDC Certificate
• Digital resources
• A new generation of permaculture doers for you to join!
• A free copy of Permaculture Magazine
• A 30% discount on books available from Permanent Publications
• All organic vegetarian food (breakfast, lunch, dinner and breaks) and lodging (sleeping on straw or in your own tent) for 13 days and the opening night.
There will be an optional breakfast the morning after the course for 10 CHF.
We can support you in creating a crowdfunding campaign through We The Trees to fund your course! Check out this page for more info, and feel free to contact us at: email@example.com
- You can bring your own tent
- Or can choose to sleep on straw beds
- Other accommodations like Hotel and B&B are available in Soubey village 30 minutes away by foot
For enrolling in this course:
- 2887 Soubey, Switzerland
- Jul 06, 2018 at 10:00 AM -
Jul 20, 2018 at 10:00 AM
- Scholarships Available