This course covers all the amazing subjects of Permaculture including:
- Philosophies and Ethics underlying permaculture
- Basic permaculture principles
- Patterns in Nature and how to use that in permaculture design
- Methods of design. How to apply permaculture design tools and strategies to your design problems. How to increase your chance on a successful design by following a well defined design methodology.
- Climactic factors and strategies. We will cover all the major climates and how to work with them.
- Trees, forests and Forest gardening. How to mimic natural forest systems to create an abundance of food, fiber and fodder.
- Water: catchment, usage, importance, and conservation.
- Soil structure, minerals, microorganisms, building new soil and preventing erosion. Learn to work with the soil food web to create a healthy ecosystem and regenerate degraded land.
- Earthworks: How to shape the land to help it achieve the goals we are aiming for.
- Natural Building: How to build structures with materials available on-site.
- Alternative systems: Community living and other ways of living differently that works well for people and the planet. Bio-regional organization, community development, alternative economic systems, permaculture as aid.
On top of that the course will include daily yoga and meditation sessions run by a former monk here in Thailand with years of experience teaching in these fields and about Buddhism in general. The Mindfulness Project is located just outside a small Thai village and we are very much a part of this community, so you will have the opportunity to experience a very different side of Thailand and Thai culture to the usual tourist destinations.
Albert Einstein said, that you can never solve a problem with the same mind state which caused the problem. In this course you will receive an incredibly broad set of knowledge about inner and outer resources that can actually make a difference in the world.
So if you’re passionately curious about how to start making a difference in your community and designing an abundant place to live, please join us! No previous experience in farming, growing or building is necessary. Don’t miss it!
- Muang Wan, Nam Phong District, Khon Kaen 40310, Thailand
- Mar 23, 2018 at 12:00 PM -
Apr 07, 2018 at 04:00 PM