27 August to 8 September 2017
with Michel Thill & Nicolo’ Tacconi
The Permaculture Design Course (PDC) is a 72-hour internationally recognised training engaging head, heart and hands of participants to discover the principles and techniques of Permaculture.
At Tribewanted Monestevole in Umbria, Italy, we bring learning about Permaculture into its right context. At our sustainable community, not only will you become an accredited permaculturist, but you’ll be able to put in practice all the theories on the permaculture gardens, urban gardens, with the animals and in the local kitchen.
Monestevole is a community consisting of 12 permanent residents managing a 40 hectare farm and offering visitors an authentic all-around ‘Farm to Table’ community experience.
Umbria is known as the green heart of Italy, with lush, sustainably managed landscapes and woodlands.
For more information, booking and inquiries contact Monestevole directly through their webpage: http://www.tribewanted.com/permaculture-design-course
The Permaculture Design Course (PDC) is a 72-hour internationally recognised training engaging head, heart and hands of participants to discover the principles and techniques of Permaculture. It explores the patterns of our predominant consumerist culture and compares them to the sustainable and regenerative patterns of the natural world. Permaculture offers us practical tools for creating change in our own lives and the wider world around us.
The curriculum explores the whole field of sustainability and the regeneration of land and culture. Topics covered include:
- Ethics & principles of Permaculture
- Observation techniques for connecting to & understanding ecology, climate & landscape
- Permaculture design methods and tools
- Mapping & design exercises
- Soil science, soil food web & natural soil improvement
- Organic food production & integrated animal systems
- Water management including harvesting, conservation, & management
- Land regeneration
- Agroforestry & forest gardening
- Appropriate technologies & renewable energy systems
- Urban permaculture including techniques & design strategies
- People & permaculture: personal patterns & the art of collaboration
The course caters for all learning styles, including demonstrations, practical exercises, group work, lectures and slide shows. As part of the course participants will work in groups on a design project to put their learning into practice.
- Località Monestevole, 492, 06019 Umbertide PG, Italy
- Aug 27, 2017 at 12:00 PM -
Sep 08, 2017 at 04:00 PM
- Scholarships Available